As a responsible pet-parent, we are sure you must be aware of these dangerous dog parasites—Heartworms!
Heartworms are noodle-like worms called Dirofilaria immitis that causes a potentially fatal disease affecting dog’s heart. Dogs all around the world can suffer from these big head parasites, and the death ratio in dogs due to this deadly disease is also fairly high.
Therefore, it is always advisable to provide preventive treatments for parasites to your beloved dogs. Moreover, even if your dog is on preventive treatments, it is better to get them tested annually. Thankfully, there are many wormer treatments available in the market today.
Out of them all, Heartgard Plus is considered the most reliable preventative for heartworms in dogs. With more than 2 million doses prescribed and being the vet’s number one choice, it is already testified by pet owners that there can’t be an any better treatment than this. But no pet-parent would ever want their darling dogs to risk their lives with a life-threatening disease like this, and hence it is better if you are 100% sure about the effectiveness of this preventative.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s all you need to know about why and when you should choose Heartgard Plus:
Why Heartworms prevention is necessary?
Mosquitoes are the carriers of deadly diseases and a few mosquito bites are more than enough for worm infestation in dogs. Heartworms, as the name suggests attacks a dog’s heart and once infested, can lead to the following consequences:
• It can damage a dog’s heart.
• It may lead to permanent lung failure.
• Heart failure and improper functioning of lungs may lead to death.
• Once infested, treating this deadly disease is very complicated and costly.
• Treatment may not always be successful.
Now you know why it is always good to be on the safer side!
Why Heartgard Plus is the best?
Undoubtedly, it is a top-class preventive treatment for heartworms and here’s why:
• Safe, effective, and monthly oral preventive treatment.
• Beef-flavored delicious chews are loved by dogs.
• Not only prevents heartworms, but also guards against five species of intestinal worms including:
- Ancylostoma caninum
- Ancylostoma braziliense
- Uncinaria stenocephala
- Toxocara canis
- Toxascaris leonina
• Effective against larval D. immitis for 30 days even after infection and therefore prevents their development into the adult stage.
• Its key ingredients – Ivermectin and Pyrantel have long-lasting effects against these worms.
• According to a study dogs choose this delicious chew over other treatments due to its highly palatable taste.
• More than two million doses prescribed worldwide.
When should you use Heartgard Plus for your Dogs?
In order to save our canines from these deadly bloodsucking worms, it is recommended to use this monthly preventative all year long. Therefore, any time is a good time to start giving this chews to your lovely furry pal but make sure to get them tested negative for heartworms before starting this treatment. Also, it is advisable to use it under a vet’s consultation only.
Key components of Heartgard Plus:
It has two major key ingredients: Ivermectin and Pyrantel. It contains the perfect recommended minimum dose level formulation of both these constituents—6mcg Ivermectin/kg and 5mg Pyrantel/kg of body weight.
Choosing the correct dosage:
It comes in a three different color-coded packs, among which you can choose the right one for your dog according to the table below::
For dogs weighing more than 100lbs, use the appropriate combination of two packs.
Dosage can be slightly different in some countries, read the product label carefully.
We hope this makes it clear why Heartgard Plus is the most recommended treatment for heartworms, and how vital it is to protect our dearest four-legged companions from these deadly worms.
We at BudgetVetCare provide pet-care supplies at the lowest rates with free shipping on all the orders round the year. Protect your pet’s heart now by buying Heartgard Plus from BudgetVetCare at best rates!