Your cat’s soft, fuzzy coat and nourishing blood supply are a dream home for small fleas. Fleas may be small, but they’re a big nuisance. Apart from lots of itching, uneasiness and other troubles, they can cause flea anaemia, so they should be removed as soon as possible, especially in young kittens that are particularly vulnerable.
To avoid these tiny bugs from settling in, use a flea barrier on your cat. There are many types of doses you can choose from.
Products you can use to treat fleas on cats
Best 2021 Flea Treatment For Cats
The treatments mentioned here are both convenient and effective. You can get them from your veterinarian or order them online. Inquire with your veterinarian about how to use, and how much to use it on your cat. If you’re not taking advice from a doctor, make sure the product is healthy for cats by reading the label.
Some common brands used to treat and prevent flea in cats include:
- Advantage is a spot-on flea remedy that is easy to use and kills fleas on contact
- It kills existing fleas in one day and re-infesting fleas in an hour
- The impact will last up to a month
- Fleas do not have to bite your cat in order for the doses to function
- Advantage has imidacloprid, an active ingredient that acts easily and destroys fleas on contact.
- The active ingredient remains in your cat’s skin and fur, and is released into the air when your cat sheds its dead skin and hair on its own. As a result, larvae present in home are killed within 20 minutes of contact.
- This brings an end to the flea’s life cycle.
- Frontline Plus provides fast-acting, long-lasting flea protection
- It not only kills adult fleas but also ticks, chewing lice, mites, and flea eggs and larvae
- It is a waterproof remedy that remains for 24 hours after application
- Easy to apply
- Its effect lasts for a month
- FRONTLINE Plus for Cats is for use on cats from 8 weeks old (greater than 1.5 lbs.)
- It provides fast relief from fleas
- Advantage Multi kills fleas when they come into contact with it. Fleas do not need to bite your cat to be killed
- Existing fleas are killed after 12 hours, and newly infested fleas are killed in 1 hour after that
- Imidacloprid, the active ingredient, is shed with your cat’s normal shedding, killing flea larvae in the environment and breaking the flea lifecycle
- Advantage Multi is the only flea, heartworm and worm protection product that kills lungworms in cat
Revolution for Cats
- This once-a-month topical (on-the-skin) treatment provides amazing parasite protection
- Revolution for cats protects against fleas when used as directed
- One flea collar for cats provides 8 months of continuous protection
- Avoid the hassle of monthly treatments with this veterinarian-recommended flea control for cats
- There’s no mess as its non-greasy and odorless
- Fleas, whether they bite or not, are killed
- Easy-to-apply collar can be worn with leash collars
- Recommended for cats above the age of ten weeks
- One tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes
- If your pet gets re-infested with fleas, you can easily give another dose as much as once a day
Bravecto Spot on
- A single treatment provides up to 3 months of protection against fleas
- It comes in a twist and use tubes which makes the application quick and easy
- Kills 100% of fleas within 8 hours of application
- Bravecto Spot On works fast and continues to protect for up to 3 months
- It can be given to kittens as young as 9 weeks that weigh at least 2.64 pounds
- Applied directly to the cat’s skin
- Bravecto Plus kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations for 2 months
- Kills fleas within 48 hours
- It remains in effect for a longer duration that means less stress on cat and owner
After opting for a topical or oral flea treatment for your cat, clean the bedding, sofa, and other fabrics that have come into contact with your pet. Your cats will be immensely thankful to you for freeing them from fleas and problems that come with them.