Cats are just adorable, aren’t they? Independent, graceful and subtle! These unpredictable four-legged creatures fill our world with joy and limitless love. Therefore, as a caring feline parent, it is our responsibility to provide them with the best possible care and protect them from all problems causing factors including the parasites.
Safeguarding our feline companions against fleas and ticks has always been a point of concern for every cat lover. Gone are those days when these blood-sucking parasites were only attacking our pets in sizzling summers; now they are there all around the year to make life miserable for our loved animals. Therefore, you need to protect your four-legged child throughout the year against these insects.
So, the question is which flea and tick treatment works best for cats? Well, there are many. But among them, only a few provide outstanding results against fleas and ticks, and one of them is Bravecto. Yes, Bravecto for Cats has been there for a while now and is one of the popular flea and tick treatments for cats. This blog serves you with everything you need to know about this vet-recommended treatment for cats. Read through to learn about this wonderful product.
Bravecto Spot-On (Topical Solution) for Cats – The Long-standing Protection
Bravecto Spot-On for Cats is a topical treatment to protect kittens and cats against some of the common external parasites. The powerful composition of Bravecto offers quick, easy and lasting defense against fleas and ticks.
Bravecto helps you get rid of those monthly treatments. A single dose of Bravecto protects your feline buddies close to 3X longer than monthly flea and tick treatments and lasts for about 3 months (12 weeks).
The Composition & Action Mechanism
Bravecto Spot-On is made of active ingredient Fluralaner which is from isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivative family. Each dose provides a minimum fluralaner dose of 18.2 mg/lb (40 mg/kg) body weight.
The formula works by inhibiting the arthropod nervous system of parasites and killing them. After administration, the active ingredient, fluralaner quickly reaches the tissue fluids under cat’s skin. As soon as fleas and tick feed on the cat, they ingest the active component and die.
When to Start
Bravecto Spot-On lets you start young. You can begin using Bravecto on kittens and cats from 6 months of age and keep on protecting them with this wonderful treatment as they age; however, you should make sure that your kitties should weigh at least 2.6 pounds.
What does Bravecto do
Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats offers comprehensive protection against two of the most common external feline parasites.
Bravecto kills adult fleas and it is useful in the treatment and prevention of flea infestations. After administration, it kills 100% of fleas within 8 hours and reduces more than 95% of live fleas on cat’s body within 12 hours.
Bravecto is the first treatment in the USA to offer protection against the Asian longhorned ticks. It protects cats against a variety of ticks for considerably longer duration. It has been shown to achieve more than 90% effectiveness against ticks 48 hours after infestation.
One dose of Bravecto Spot-On treats and controls black-legged tick and Asian longhorned tick infestations for 3 months (12 weeks).
A single dose treats and controls American dog tick infestations for 2 months (8 weeks).
know More About : 5 Reasons Pet Parents Love Bravecto for their Pets
Application & Dosage
- Bravecto Spot-On should be applied topically.
- Apply the topical solution to one spot on the back of the cat’s neck on the skin (not on the fur).
- Administer one dose every 12 weeks (about 3 months). For the potential exposure to American dog ticks, an application for every 8 weeks (about 2 months) is recommended.
- Bravecto Spot-On for Small Cats 2.6 lbs – 6.2 lbs (Green) Contains: 112.5 mg Fluralaner
- Bravecto Spot-On for Medium Cats 6.2-13.8 lbs (Blue) Contains: 250 mg Fluralaner
- Bravecto Spot-On for Large Cats 13.8 lbs – 27.5 lbs (Purple) Contains: 500 mg Fluralaner
- There are no contradictions of using Bravecto alongside other treatments. It is better to discuss it with a vet before using it parallel to other supplements or treatments.
- The safe use of Bravecto is not established in pregnant, breeding and lactating cats.
- Be cautious when using cats with a history of seizures or other neurologic disorders.
- The efficacy after bathing or water immersion is not tested.
In the End
You may have tried several products for your feline’s flea and tick protection, but Bravecto Spot-On (Topical Solution) will not disappoint you for sure. It’s extremely easy to apply, works fast and lasts for a considerably long time. So, what are you waiting for? Visit BudgetVetCare now and get the benefit of exciting deals on this product.