Almost every other canine picks up a gastrointestinal worm infection during their lifetime. Intestinal worms include tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. These worms infect your dog, feeding on their blood or food while they live in their intestines causing intestinal infection. Most of the time, such infections are asymptomatic and as a result, overlooked by us human companions. This often results in moderate to severe health complications leaving your pet critically ill.
This is why it is crucial that you provide your dog with the kind of protection that saves them from these lethal illnesses. Milbemax tablets is one such treatment that delivers multi-spectrum parasitic protection for your canine companion. This article gives you an insight into what Milbemax is all about and how it protects your canines from these worms.
Milbemax is a highly efficient and harmless dewormer for dogs. The oral tablet formula provides protection against both heartworms as well as gastrointestinal worms. Other than preventing heartworms, Milbemax all wormer for dogs treats and controls various intestinal worm infections including tapeworms, roundworms, whipworms, and hookworms.
Milbemax Multi-Wormer for Dogs
- Milbemax for dogs provides broad-spectrum protection against various worms including both heartworms as well as common intestinal worms.
- When administered monthly, Milbemax multiwormer for dogs successfully prevents heartworm infection in dogs. When it comes to intestinal worms, a single oral tablet of Milbemax provides protection against roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms for three months.
- Milbemax for dogs and cats is formulated differently. The manufacturer, Elanco, strictly prohibits using dog medications on cats, and vice versa.
- Prior to starting dosing with Milbemax, it is necessary to consult with your veterinarian to ensure your dog is not infected with heartworms.
- To effectively prevent heartworm infections, Milbemax should be given once every month, ideally, on the same day every month.
Milbemax For Dogs- How Does It Work?
- Milbemax for dogs is formulated using two active ingredients, milbemycin oxime, and praziquantel.
- Milbemycin oxime interrupts the nervous system disrupting the nerve transmission of worms resulting in paralysis of these worms and death in the end.
- Praziquantel causes muscle spasms in tapeworms causing their elimination once they’re attacked by the enzymes.
Milbemax For Dogs- Benefits
- Broad-spectrum all wormer solution
- Easy to dose tablet formula
- Treats and controls tapeworm infections
- Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms
- Efficiently prevents deadly heartworm infections
- Long-lasting protection
- Protects for 3 months against common intestinal worms
- Safe for dogs during all reproductive phases
Milbemax- Directions for Use
- Milbemax is recommended for use in puppies and dogs from 2 weeks of age and a minimum 0.5 kg weight size.
Milbemax dog wormer is an oral treatment and should be given directly in their mouth. For difficult dogs, the tablet can be hidden in their food.
- For heartworm prevention, Milbemax should be given once every month, ideally on the same date each month.
- To treat and control various gastrointestinal worm infections, Milbemax should be given orally to puppies and dogs at 2,4,8, and 12 weeks of age, followed up once every 3 months.
Before using Milbemax on dogs, check with your vet to confirm your dog is not infected with heartworms.
- The standard recommended dose of Milbemax is 0.5 mg milbemycin oxime, and 5 mg praziquantel per kg bodyweight.
Follow the table below for accurate dosing:
- For dogs over 50kg weight, a combination of tablets should be administered.
Milbemax for Dogs- Packs Available
Milbemax for dogs is available in two different packs:
- Milbemax for Small Dogs and Puppies (each tablet contains 2.5 mg Milbemycin oxime and 25 mg Praziquantel)
- Milbemax Tablets for Dogs (each tablet contains 12.5 mg Milbemycin oxime and 125 mg Praziquantel)
Milbemax for Dogs- Safety
- Milbemax is safe to use in dogs from 2 weeks of age.
- Milbemax is considered to be safe for dogs during all reproductive phases.